Monday 6 January 2014

Lovely Liberty

Late last year I responded to a blog post by Catherine for someone to pattern test her Komebukuro bag pattern. She very kindly sent me some Liberty fabric and I got to work.

The crazy patchwork was a lot of fun and something I hadn't tried before.

11792328053_24c119af77.jpg

I always enjoy hand quilting in perle cotton ...

11792646804_e8e38d6658.jpg

... and the finished bag came together really easily.
11792352993_6a6756dc95.jpg





It was a great tutorial to follow - I highly recommend checking out Catherine's tutorial page - there are some really cute things to make, many involving lovely Liberty fabric!


10 comments:

  1. I love anything in Liberty! And the linen is a great addition to this project! Off to check out Catherine's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful! I really need to give the crazy patchwork a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bags Deborah! Delighted to discover your blog now too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! I adore those little berry prints, I bet it feels lovely too. Happy to find you've started blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bag. And the esthetic you choose. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful and shhhhhh, don't tell Catherine but I think I prefer your version to her's ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmm, the liberty is yummy! I like the contrasting fabric and the satin ribbon straps. that interior print looks familiar. =) a very nice finish, Deborah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful....I love Liberty

    ReplyDelete