Monday 20 July 2015

Scraptastic!

A couple of weeks ago I wrote myself a list of all the sewing that I wanted to get done in the next few weeks. What a bad idea! I felt completely overwhelmed and didn't know where to start!

I knew I wanted to sit down at my sewing machine though and just sew, so I pulled out my bundle of small scraps and strings that I had been collecting. 

P1110597

I also pulled out my copy of 'Sunday Morning Quilts' to get some ideas for how to sew these together, and then I started sewing. 

P1110600

At first I thought I would make this into a pillow/cushion for a friends birthday, but I love these scraps - they remind me of different projects I have worked on and different blogging/instagram friends who have sent them to me. I think I might keep going, making a range of different types of blocks and put them together into a lap quilt for me. What do you think?

P1110599

Linking up with 

Scraptastic Tuesday

Weekend Doings

13 comments:

  1. Keep going! Mine is bound and washed and loved! It was fun to zone out while working with so many favorite treasures. I hope you enjoy your memory quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes keep going ... it will be a fantastic memory quilt for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes keep going! It is going to be such a memory filled project when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good. Sunday MorningQuilts is my favourite sewing book, it has so many great ideas for scraps. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you love them, keep them as a memory quilt for yourself to remember your past projects. You can come up with another plan for your friend's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should make the quilt! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. definitley keep going, especially as it is a quilt you are making for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A large lap quilt of scraps to remind you of fun old projects sounds great - keep going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep going -- it looks great so far. It would be a great memory quilt for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Scrap projects are so lovely in the way that they hold so much memory. I hope you keep going and make that quilt for yourself. How wonderful it would be to cosy up on the couch and be able to touch and remember different projects! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Sunday Morning Quilts is one of my favorite books, too. Keep going it looks amazing already.
    Thank you for linking up to Sew the Library.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i think you should make yourself that quilt - a scrapBOOK quilt - of your friendships and projects. do keep one for yourself! even in the tropics. you can always lay on it rather than under it. =) ps - i adore that book! it's one of my all-time favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i think you should make yourself that quilt - a scrapBOOK quilt - of your friendships and projects. do keep one for yourself! even in the tropics. you can always lay on it rather than under it. =) ps - i adore that book! it's one of my all-time favorites.

    ReplyDelete